Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Ketosis is Mild

I've lost 10 pounds in three weeks and more importantly have achieved "mild" ketosis. So can't complain. I have used the same ol' method. MyFitnessPal allows me to display goals in percentages of nutrients, and I have selected the usual 90g protein (which is what is required by my ideal weight), and 15g carbs with the remaining calories of 1200 in fat.

I get almost all of my carbs from the vegetables in the Atkins frozen dinners. Even almonds and avocados have carbs in them; everything seems to contain carbs! So, much as I love vegetables and fruit, heck much as I love carbs! I don't get any. And here's another article on the benefits of low carbs.

I notice the same consequence as before: I have zero energy, but I don't need Prozac. Wierd.

Beef is the best thing to eat for high protein. Eggs and chicken and fillet of fish just don't cut it. Those Atkins dinners save me. I'm ready to go to The Fish Market and have a big steak of fish, but God protein is expensive.

I had a close call the other day with a temptation to go out for ice cream late in the day. Instead, I had a "snack" of cheese, salami, and olives. Finger food? Well, the temptation passed.

I also like to remember the picture of Gilbert Grape's mother. I really want to put her photo on the refrigerator.

I suspect I should up my carbs to 20, but I'm going to wait a couple more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment