Friday, November 6, 2015

Down in the Dumps

As I weighed myself this morning, I realized November was going to be another wasted month of no gain. Life is NOT FAIR! Here I've been soooo good, no desserts, no sugar, no CARBS at all, no bread, no rice, no PASTA!! for FOUR MONTHS. I guess a lot of people would say, quit complaining, 25# in four months is great, I'm too impatient. Except that it FEELS like nothing's been happening. Is that true?

I go check my progress.

Clearly, my head doesn't remember very well. Looks like I was doing great 'til that binge episode at the end of the October (Happy Halloween!!) So I need to suck it up and persevere. Focus: it's the journey, not the destination. 

I've been slacking off of exercise, too. So far my weekly numbers are fine--at least seven hours (my goal)--but I've been achieving it with every-other-day doing nothing. So it's 1200 calories on lazy days and 1500 on at-least-1-hr days. I suppose it's also possible I got out of ketosis with that binge. Now, that should have no effect on weight loss, only on what's being lost (fat vs. muscle), but again, it just feels like nothing's happening. 

Maybe it's the weather. Summer's over. Extra quilt on the bed, jacket on me and Obi for early morning walk, end of Daylight-Savings, too cold or windy for a bike ride. Whine, whine, whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment