Monday, August 25, 2014

Back to Basics

I've sadly come to the conclusion that the low carb diet doesn't work for me. Last night I was craving carbs for the first time. If there had been any sweet thing in the house, I doubt I could have resisted.For days I've been having to force down the protein. For two days I've been unable to face another egg scramble so breakfast has been a hard boiled egg. And worse yet, I didn't lose even one pound this past week.

For now I'm going to continue with the gluten free diet (Dr. Perlmutter's book was quite convincing regarding gluten and sugar); however, I'm giving up on the high fat, high protein.

So now what? Is counting calories my only option? I'm going back to the diet shake meals (Visalis powder, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup fruit)  because life is then so simple. Depressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment