Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Start of a New Effort


I weighed in at 222#, the most I ever weighed in my life. It's time to make a new effort to NOT BINGE so I can lose weight.

THIS time I'm going to focus on the gym for exercise. I prepaid in January for a year of personal training, and I've arranged to come in as often as my trainer can schedule me.

THIS time I refuse to follow a diet. I'm only going to try to not B*I*N*G*E. I've been doing this for so long that I pretty much know what to do to increase the odds of success:

* AVOID TEMPTATION--This means I can't go downstairs to the lobby at 8:00am on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday when local stores donate (that means it's FREE) their leftover cake, cookies, muffins, pastries, and anything else you could possibly salivate over.


* ENSURE MY FRIDGE IS FULL OF HEALTHY FOOD--If something good for me and tasty isn't available, you know I'll find something else to eat if I'm hungry. Buying stuff requires that I face facts, accept how lazy I am, and buy something that I will actually eat. Kale is on everyone's lists, but have you actually tried eating it?

No comments:

Post a Comment